Twitter

Follow palashbiswaskl on Twitter

Memories of Another day

Memories of Another day
While my Parents Pulin babu and Basanti devi were living

Thursday, May 28, 2015

First hand experience of hunger or famine!

 First hand experience of hunger or famine!

Reposting from archive .

Last week I was in Ujjain. The archaeological museum of Vikram University is one of my important reasons of visiting Ujjain every time. This time I was there to deliver a lecture on the paintings of Ravindranath Tagore, but more importantly, I enjoyed standing silently before this masterpiece. This, in fact is a idol of 'Chamunda' but worth noticing are its features like the breast, slightly bent femur (thigh bone), her right upper hand holding wine pot and right lower hand holding a dagger. This hold itself is quite striking. I believe that the sculptor who sculpted out such a marvelous piece must have a first hand experience of hunger or famine. Sorry I could not attach any religious reference to this treasure of human civilization (not alone of Hindu or India.)

Please make it a point to visit Ujjain if not for anything , for visiting this fantastic museum.

Ashok Bhowmick's photo.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...